- 1 How do you manipulate in Catia?
- 2 What are the tools used in Catia?
- 3 How do you use stiffener in Catia?
- 4 What is Compass Catia?
- 5 How do I assemble in Catia?
- 6 How do I use smart move in Catia?
- 7 How do I move to origin in Catia?
- 8 How do I move multiple parts in Catia?
- 9 What are the tools of AutoCAD?
- 10 Which tool is used to insert a body in Catia?
- 11 What is the name of tool to exit from sketcher environment?
- 12 How do I use the slot in Catia V5?
- 13 What is stiffener in Catia?
- 14 How do you use rib in Catia?
How do you manipulate in Catia?
- Select Edit | Move | Manipulate. The Manipulation Parameters dialog displays.
- Click one of the icons in the top row of the dialog to select a translation axis.
- If required, activate With respect to constraints.
- In the Graphics window, pick the component and drag it to a new position.
What are the tools used in Catia?
- Select Toolbar.
- Select Sub-toolbar.
- Scan Sub-toolbar.
- Insert Toolbar.
- Insert Sub-Toolbars.
- Wireframe Toolbar.
- Law Toolbar.
- Points Sub-toolbar.
How do you use stiffener in Catia?
- Click Stiffener. The Stiffener Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Uncheck the Neutral Fiber option. The extrusion will be made in two directions only.
- Check the Neutral Fiber option again. This option adds material equally to both sides of the profile.
- Enter 12 as the thickness value.
- Click OK.
What is Compass Catia?
The Compass for catia program is located in the upper-right corner of the screen, It’s A three-dimensional tool, used to move the objects to get the best viewing angle for analysis and design. To choose a certain part of the Compass, just put the cursor above it. The specified part will then turn to the orange color.
How do I assemble in Catia?
- Click Component > Assemble > Assemble with an assembly open.
- Select CATIA V5 CATPart (*.
- Select the part file you want to assemble in the existing assembly as a part component or browse to find the file.
- Select Import to import the CATIA V5 part and assemble it as an imported component in the existing assembly.
How do I use smart move in Catia?
Click the Smart Move icon and expand the Smart Move dialog box, including the viewer that appears.
- The Viewer frame: this window appears only if you pre-select the components affected to perform the smart move.
- The Automatic constraint creation option allows you to create constraints to keep the move operation.
How do I move to origin in Catia?
- Start a transform feature.
- In the transform feature, select the part or parts you want to move to the origin. In my case, I only have 1 part.
- Make sure the type is “Translate by line” and in the selection box for “Line or points” first select the point you want docked to the origin.
- Next, select the origin.
How do I move multiple parts in Catia?
Select the resources or elements you want to move. You can do this by placing the mouse pointer on each one and clicking the left button while holding down the Ctrl key. Another way is to hold down the left mouse button and drag the mouse pointer.
What are the tools of AutoCAD?
Which tool is used to insert a body in Catia?
Insert Toolbar You can insert bodies, geometrical sets and ordered geometrical sets.
What is the name of tool to exit from sketcher environment?
To exit the sketcher workbench, choose the Exit workbench button from the Workbench toolbar.
How do I use the slot in Catia V5?
To define a slot, you need a center curve, a planar profile, a reference element and optionally a pulling direction. Select the profile, i.e. Sketch. It is closed.
- Click to open the Sketcher and edit the profile.
- For example, enlarge the profile.
- Quit the Sketcher when done.
- Maintain the Keep angle option.
What is stiffener in Catia?
The stiffener is created. The specification tree indicates it has been created. If you click the Selection field and select another sketch, CATIA immediately creates the Stiffener. Clicking the icon opens the Sketcher. The dialog box is closed and the icon is activated.
How do you use rib in Catia?
- Click Rib. The Rib Definition dialog box is displayed.
- Select the profile you wish to sweep, i.e. Sketch. 2.
- Select the center curve, i.e. Sketch. 1.
- To go on with our scenario, maintain Keep angle.
- Click OK.