- 1 What is concept of direct manipulation in HCI?
- 2 What is direct and indirect manipulation?
- 3 What is difference between direct manipulation and indirect manipulation?
- 4 What are the advantages of direct manipulation?
- 5 What are the problems with direct manipulation?
- 6 Which of these are core principles of direct manipulation?
- 7 What are the characteristics of direct manipulation?
- 8 What is the concept of indirect manipulation?
- 9 What are the disadvantages of graphical system?
- 10 What is program manipulation?
- 11 What are the qualities of screen elements?
- 12 What does manipulation mean in psychology?
- 13 What are the four interaction styles?
- 14 Which one of these is a good reason for taking care to design a good computer human interface?
- 15 What are the advantages and disadvantages of online manuals?
What is concept of direct manipulation in HCI?
Direct manipulation is a style of Human Machine Interaction (HMI) design which features a natural representation of task objects and actions promoting the notion of people performing a task themselves (directly) not through an intermediary like a computer.
What is direct and indirect manipulation?
In the above example, a driver looking at an object directly manipulates the scenario by his sudden action, which can be referred as direct manipulation. Indirect Manipulation. In practice, direct manipulation of all screen objects and actions may not be feasible because of the following: i.
What is difference between direct manipulation and indirect manipulation?
Direct manipulation forces you to see the results of your actions. Indirect manipulation hides that connection.
What are the advantages of direct manipulation?
Pros or Advantages of Direct manipulation
- It is easy to learn and remember.
- It is easy to retain.
- Present task concept visually.
- Permits error avoidance.
- It is a flexible and reversible action.
- Low typing requirement.
- Encourages exploration.
- High subjective satisfaction.
What are the problems with direct manipulation?
Some task can slow down the performance of the system where manipulating the mouse and entering key commands may cause the user to wait for a response. The direct pen makes more errors, perform inefficient movements, and express frustration duringmany tasks.
Which of these are core principles of direct manipulation?
The central ideas of direct manipulation are visibility of objects and actions of interest; rapid, reversible, incemental actions; and replacement of command-language syntax by direct manipulation of the object of interest. It is essential to think visually.
What are the characteristics of direct manipulation?
The Characteristics of Direct Manipulation
- Continuous representation of the object of interest. Users can see visual representations of the objects that they can interact with.
- Physical actions instead of complex syntax.
- Continuous feedback and reversible, incremental actions.
What is the concept of indirect manipulation?
Indirect Manipulation refers to the manipulation of virtual objects by means of a proxy object or controller, like a mouse. An example of this is we use the mouse to move a cursor around the screen, to pick up files and drag them to the trash.
What are the disadvantages of graphical system?
Graphical system disadvantages
- Greater design complexity: Controls and basic alternatives must be chosen from a pile of choices numbering in excess of 50.
- Learning still necessary: The first time one encounters many graphical systems, what to do is not immediately obvious.
What is program manipulation?
Program manipulation occurs when data or software in a program is altered to commit or facilitate a crime. For example, software code known as “packet sniffers” can be added to a program to record valuable information passing across a network such as credit card access numbers.
What are the qualities of screen elements?
Keywords: Balance, Economy, Predictability, Pleasing Proportion Regularity, Sequentiality, Symmetry, Unity, Visual Technique. Interface users expect the elements on the screen be arranged in order and clutter-free.
What does manipulation mean in psychology?
Psychological manipulation is a type of social influence that aims to change the behavior or perception of others through abusive, deceptive, or underhanded tactics. By advancing the interests of the manipulator, often at another’s expense, such methods could be considered exploitative, abusive, devious, and deceptive.
What are the four interaction styles?
History of the Four Interaction Styles Ancient philosophers described four dispositions called temperaments—a choleric, a phlegmatic, a melancholic, and a sanguine temperament.
Which one of these is a good reason for taking care to design a good computer human interface?
Good HCI design will encourage people to use one mobile app over another or to purchase a specific smartphone or tablet. It can also significantly improve business productivity levels.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of online manuals?
Advantages and Disadvantages of Manual Data Entry Services in India
- Accuracy. Data accuracy in a computer data entry activity is of ultimate importance.
- Inputting human sensible data.
- Job creation.
- Avoidable errors.
- Low speed of data entry.
- High cost of training.
- System vulnerability.