- 1 What is PHP File Handling in PHP?
- 2 How files are created in PHP and how they are handled?
- 3 What is PHP file function?
- 4 Which all are the predefined functions in PHP to manipulate string?
- 5 How do I read a PHP file?
- 6 Are PHP files dangerous?
- 7 What is PHP full form?
- 8 Can we draw images using PHP?
- 9 How do you handle exceptions in PHP?
- 10 How do I know if Fopen is working in PHP?
- 11 How do I permanently save data in PHP?
- 12 What are the different file functions PHP?
- 13 What is the use of strlen () and strpos () function?
- 14 What is the correct way of declaring PHP variable?
- 15 What is use of $_ request  array in PHP?
What is PHP File Handling in PHP?
PHP File System allows us to create file, read file line by line, read file character by character, write file, append file, delete file and close file.
How files are created in PHP and how they are handled?
“w+” – Opens file for read and write. If file not exist then new file is created and if file already exists then contents of file is erased. “r+” – File is opened for read/write. If file is not there then new file is created.
What is PHP file function?
A file is a resource for storing data. PHP has a rich collection of built in functions that simplify working with files. Common file functions include fopen, fclose, file_get_contents.
Which all are the predefined functions in PHP to manipulate string?
In this chapter we will look at some commonly used functions to manipulate strings.
- strlen() – Return the Length of a String. The PHP strlen() function returns the length of a string.
- str_word_count() – Count Words in a String.
- strrev() – Reverse a String.
- str_replace() – Replace Text Within a String.
How do I read a PHP file?
Since PHP files are plain-text files that are human-readable, all you need to view one is a simple text editor like Notepad, Notepad++, Sublime Text, Vi, and so on. If you only need to take a quick look inside a file, you can use Notepad and not have to download any other software.
Are PHP files dangerous?
Every professional PHP developer knows that files uploaded by users are extremely dangerous. They can be used by attacker at backend as well as at frontend.
What is PHP full form?
PHP (recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor ) is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
Can we draw images using PHP?
You can draw a simple straight line between two given points using the imageline($ image, $x1, $y1, $x2, $y2, $color) function. The $ image parameter is an image resource that will have been created earlier using functions like imagecreatetruecolor() or imagecreatefromjpeg().
How do you handle exceptions in PHP?
Try, throw and catch
- try – A function using an exception should be in a “try” block. If the exception does not trigger, the code will continue as normal.
- throw – This is how you trigger an exception.
- catch – A ” catch ” block retrieves an exception and creates an object containing the exception information.
How do I know if Fopen is working in PHP?
You should first test the existence of a file by file_exists(). You can use the file_exists() function before calling fopen ().
How do I permanently save data in PHP?
PHP File Create /Write
- PHP Create File – fopen() The fopen() function is also used to create a file.
- PHP File Permissions.
- PHP Write to File – fwrite()
- PHP Overwriting.
- Complete PHP Filesystem Reference.
What are the different file functions PHP?
PHP Filesystem Functions
|filetype()||Returns the file type|
|flock()||Locks or releases a file|
|fnmatch()||Matches a filename or string against a specified pattern|
|fopen()||Opens a file or URL|
What is the use of strlen () and strpos () function?
strpos ($str, $text) This function is used to find the position of any text/word in a given string. Just like an array, string also assign index value to the characters stored in it, starting from zero.
What is the correct way of declaring PHP variable?
Rules for declaring PHP variable:
- A variable must start with a dollar ($) sign, followed by the variable name.
- It can only contain alpha-numeric character and underscore (A-z, 0-9, _).
- A variable name must start with a letter or underscore (_) character.
- A PHP variable name cannot contain spaces.
What is use of $_ request  array in PHP?
PHP $_REQUEST is a PHP super global variable which is used to collect data after submitting an HTML form.