- 1 How was manipulation used in the Hunger Games?
- 2 What are some examples of manipulation in the Hunger Games?
- 3 How does Peeta manipulate the audience?
- 4 How was Katniss manipulated?
- 5 What happened in chapter 13 of the Hunger Games?
- 6 How does Katniss show her skills in Chapter 12?
- 7 What are some examples of manipulation?
- 8 Why does haymitch not send Katniss water?
- 9 How does Katniss use the TV cameras to manipulate?
- 10 Why did Peeta betray Katniss?
- 11 Why does thresh not kill Katniss?
- 12 Did Peeta actually have a crush on Katniss?
- 13 Is Peeta Mellark manipulative?
- 14 What purpose does surveillance have in the Hunger Games?
- 15 How would you describe President Snow?
How was manipulation used in the Hunger Games?
Mass Media And Power In The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins Gamemakers torture the tributes in the Games using their computer programs while televising the event to show off their “great abilities.” Furthermore, the Gamemakers use propaganda in an attempt to manipulate the citizen’s minds.
What are some examples of manipulation in the Hunger Games?
The Gamemakers manipulated the Tributes’ movements with the wall of fire in Chapter Thirteen. Explanation: The Gamemakers planned to use the fireballs to decrease the distance between Katniss and the Career Pack, or kill her if absolutely necessary.
How does Peeta manipulate the audience?
How does Peeta manipulate the Gamemakers during The Hunger Games? Peeta manipulates the Gamemakers during The Hunger Games by creating a love story between himself and Katniss that he hopes the audience will find a fascinating complication.
How was Katniss manipulated?
Instead, the best course of action would seem to be, “Be yourself.” And yet immediately after this, Collins reveals her “twist ending”—all along, Katniss has been manipulated by a group of rebels, including her mentor, Haymitch Abernathy, into defying the government.
What happened in chapter 13 of the Hunger Games?
Summary: Chapter 13 Katniss runs from the fire. Eventually the attack ends and Katniss walks until she finds a small pool. The water soothes the burns. She knows she should keep going, but the pain is too great when she takes her leg out of the pool, so she spends the day there recovering.
How does Katniss show her skills in Chapter 12?
One of her traps has caught a rabbit, so she eats that, showing off her hunting skills. She finds berries that resemble blueberries, but doesn’t recognize their insides, so she discards them.
What are some examples of manipulation?
Examples of Manipulative Behavior
- Passive-aggressive behavior.
- Implicit threats.
- Withholding information.
- Isolating a person from loved ones.
- Verbal abuse.
- Use of sex to achieve goals.
Why does haymitch not send Katniss water?
Haymitch does ‘nt send Katniss water because he knows she is smart enough to find it. Also, she is very close to the water. She is dying of thirst. But Katniss knows what he is trying to do!
How does Katniss use the TV cameras to manipulate?
– Katniss plays with the cameras, because she wants to seem tough, to be a step ahead, not confused or frightened by what she just heard. She came off the tree and gives the cameras time to look at her and then she smiles into the camera, she wants that the audience figures out what she means.
Why did Peeta betray Katniss?
Cato intended to kill Katniss as early as possible from the beginning of the game because he was aware of her being one of the biggest threats and fiercest competitors. Unfortunately, Cato catches Peeta betraying him by telling Katniss to run and he receives a nasty wound from Cato’s knife.
Why does thresh not kill Katniss?
Why doesn´t Thresh kill Katniss? Because she was Rue’s ally and he feel that he owes her for what she did for Rue; this way they do not owe one another anything.
Did Peeta actually have a crush on Katniss?
Ever since he was five years old, Peeta had a huge crush on Katniss Everdeen. On the first day of school, Peeta’s father pointed her out, saying that he wanted to marry her mother but ultimately didn’t as she married a coal miner.
Is Peeta Mellark manipulative?
I admit Peeta does have a manipulative side to him as we see how great he is with words and how he can completely capture the hearts of the capitol citizens but he uses his manipulative side to protect Katniss. It is never for his own gain.
What purpose does surveillance have in the Hunger Games?
There are many times surveillance is used in the book like when the Capitol uses the jabberjays to watch you, when effie darts her eyes around the dinner table, or even when you are in the Hunger Games and the people can see your every move.
How would you describe President Snow?
The leader of the Capitol, President Snow is a small man with white hair and snakelike eyes. He smells like blood and roses, which nauseates Katniss. President Snow is a very manipulative, cruel, and ruthless leader who does not care for the people of Panem.