- 1 What is path manipulation in Eigrp?
- 2 What is the meaning of Eigrp?
- 3 How does Eigrp determine best path?
- 4 What are three features of Eigrp?
- 5 How do I check my Eigrp bandwidth?
- 6 What is Eigrp feasibility condition?
- 7 Who uses Eigrp?
- 8 Which is better rip or Eigrp?
- 9 What is an advantage of using Eigrp?
- 10 How is Eigrp cost calculated?
- 11 What is true Eigrp?
- 12 What are the four basic components of Eigrp?
- 13 What are features of Eigrp?
- 14 What is the maximum hop count for Eigrp?
- 15 Is OSPF better than Eigrp?
What is path manipulation in Eigrp?
Inside an EIGRP routing domain, many times there is a need to control the EIGRP route path. For instance in scenarios where we have 2 or more equal path links to the destination and need to configure 1st link as preferred path and rest to perform the backup functionality.
What is the meaning of Eigrp?
Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) is an interior gateway protocol suited for many different topologies and media.
How does Eigrp determine best path?
By default EIGRP uses bandwidth and delay of the line to determine the best path to a remote network. However, if desired, EIGRP can use a composite of four metrics: bandwidth, delay, reliability, and load. 0.0/30 network are in the topology and routing table.
What are three features of Eigrp?
What are three features of EIGRP? (Choose three.)
- uses the Shortest Path First algorithm.
- establishes neighbor adjacencies.
- uses the Reliable Transport Protocol.
- sends full routing table updates periodically.
- broadcasts updates to all EIGRP routers.
- supports equal and unequal cost load balancing.
How do I check my Eigrp bandwidth?
Bandwidth: The bandwidth value used in the EIGRP metric calculation is determined by dividing 10,000,000 by the bandwidth (in kbps) of the slowest link along the path to the destination network.
What is Eigrp feasibility condition?
The Feasibility Condition states that a route will not be accepted if the Reported Distance is more than the best path’s Feasible Distance. Or said another way and from the perspective of the router: a path to a network will not be accepted if my neighbor’s cost is more than my cost.
Who uses Eigrp?
EIGRP can be used not only for Internet Protocol (IP) networks but also for AppleTalk and Novell NetWare networks. Using EIGRP, a router keeps a copy of its neighbor’s routing tables.
Which is better rip or Eigrp?
EIGRP stands for which allows router to share information to the neighboring routers which are within the same area. Difference between RIP and EIGRP:
|6.||It allow maximum hop count upto 15.||It allow maximum hop count upto 255.|
|7.||It’s administrative distance is 120.||It’s administrative distance is 90.|
What is an advantage of using Eigrp?
Benefits of EIGRP It makes use of link more effectively through (ECMP) Equal-Cost Multi-Path and unequal cost load sharing. It performs a much easier transition with a multi-address family. It supports both IPV4 and IPV6 networks. It provides encryption for security and can be used with iBGP for WAN routing.
How is Eigrp cost calculated?
It is calculated by adding the advertised/reported distance advertised by the neighbor and the cost calculated by that current router to reach the neighbor. successor: It is the (lowest) best path to reach to any specific destination network. These are stored in routing table.
What is true Eigrp?
Explanation: EIGRP stands for Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol is a routing protocol designed by Cisco. It is available only on Cisco routers. Explanation: EIGRP metric is K-values which are integers from 0 to 128. They are used to calculate the overall EIGRP cost with bandwidth and delay metrics.
What are the four basic components of Eigrp?
EIGRP has four basic components:
- Neighbor Discovery/Recovery.
- Reliable Transport Protocol.
- DUAL Finite State Machine.
- Protocol Dependent Modules.
What are features of Eigrp?
- Hybrid Distance Vector/Link State algorithm.
- Supports VLSM (subnets/supernets)
- Integrates seamlessly with IGRP.
- Fast convergence.
- Performs Partial Updates as needed.
- Consumes less bandwidth (no broadcasts, no periodic updates, updates contain only changes)
- Supports multiple network layer protocols.
What is the maximum hop count for Eigrp?
EIGRP supports a variety of network protocols. It can provide routing support for IPv4, IPv6, Internetwork Packet Exchange (IPX), and AppleTalk. Similar to its predecessor IGRP, EIGRP has a maximum hop count of 224 and a default maximum hop count of 100.
Is OSPF better than Eigrp?
EIGRP converges faster than OSPF because it preserves optional successors in its topology map and can pass directly through optional subsequent relays if direct successors are not found. 5. EIGRP multicast address is 224.0. 0.10 and OSPF is 224.0.